- 1.2 – If you have any queries about the policy, please contact us at email@example.com and we will do our best to answer your questions.
2. Personal information collected
2.1 – We will collect the following personal information from you:
- 2.1.1 – name, a user name, gender, date of birth;
- 2.1.2 – e-mail address, postal address, telephone number;
- 2.1.3 – records of any correspondence sent to us;
- 2.1.4 – details of transactions carried out through the Site and the fulfilment of your orders;
- 2.1.5 – details of your visits to the Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
3. Use of this information
3.1 – We will use this information in order to:
- 3.1.1 – administer your accounts with us;
- 3.1.2 – send you information about products and services offered by Investment;
- 3.1.3 – verify your identity;
- 3.1.4 – carry out marketing analysis and make general improvements to our Site;
- 3.1.5 – to obtain your views or comments on the services we provide;
- 3.1.6 – to ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- 3.1.7 – to notify you about changes to the Site or service provided;
- 3.1.8 – contact the winners of our competitions and to help us plan other promotional activity.
4. Sharing this information
- 4.1 – We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985 (as amended from time to time).
- 4.2 – We may transfer your personal information to a third party as part of a sale of some or all of our business and assets to any third party or as part of any business restructuring or reorganisation, but we will take steps with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
- 4.3 – In addition we may pass your information onto carefully selected third parties to enable them to send you information which may be of interest to you but only if you have given us permission to do so. You can tell us to stop this at any time by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 4.5 – Other than as set out above, we will not disclose any of your personal information without your permission.
5. Information automatically collected from your computer
- 5.1 – Log files/IP addresses: When you visit the Site our web server automatically records your IP address. This IP address is not linked to any of your personal information. We use IP addresses to help us administer the Site and to collect demographic information for aggregation purposes.
- 5.2 – We may also gather other non-personal information (from which we cannot identify you) such as the type of your internet browser which we use to provide you with a more effective service.
- 6.1.1 – we can recognise you when you revisit the Site and so that you will not have to re-enter your details each time you visit the Site
- 6.1.2 – to speed up your searches and store information about your preferences, in order to customise the Site to your individual interests
- 6.1.3 – to track how our site is used and to improve and update our content
7. Web beacons
- 7.1 – The Site may contain electronic images known as web beacons (also known as clear gifs) that allow the Company to count the number of people that have visited the web pages contained on the Site.
- 7.2 – The web beacons do not extract any personally identifiable information and are only used to track the effectiveness of a particular marketing campaign or web page.
8. Information about other products and services
- 8.1 – From time to time we may send you information about other products and services which may be available through Investment or any other affiliated company and which we think may be of interest to you.
- 8.2 – You can tell us to stop this at any time by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
- 8.3 – Also, as mentioned above, we may pass your information onto one of our group companies or to other selected third parties to enable them to send you information which may be of interest to you but only if you have given us permission to do so. You can tell us to stop this at any time by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 9.1 – We aim to keep our information about you as accurate as possible. If you would like to review or change the details you have supplied us with, please contact us as set out below.
10. Use of forums or chat rooms
The Site may from time to time include chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/ or news groups (all of which will be governed by separate terms and conditions) on which you can post information. Any information that you post in these areas becomes public information and you should always be careful when deciding to disclose your personal details as part of that information.
- 11.1 – Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site therefore, any transmission is at your own risk.
- 11.2 – Where possible we have implemented technology and policies to safeguard your privacy from unauthorised access and improper use we use secure server software (SSL) to encrypt any financial information you need to input before it is sent to us.
- 11.3 – Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask that you do not share a password with anyone.
12. Linking to third party websites
- 12.1 – We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other sites even if you access them using links from our Site and recommend that before submitting any personal data, you check the policy of each site you visit and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
- 12.2 – In addition, if you linked to this Site from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners or operators of that third party site and recommend that before submitting any personal data, you check the policy of that third party site and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
13. Transferring your information outside of Europe
- 13.2 – If you use our services while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with those services.
14. Your Rights
- 14.1 – You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at email@example.com
- 14.2 – The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
14. Contact us
If at any time you would like to contact us with your views about our privacy practices, or with any enquiry relating to your personal information, you can do so by sending an e-mail to us at firstname.lastname@example.org